We all know there are times we often find ourself stuck – I’ve been there too. We look for inspiration or try to get motivated from others but what we soon realize is that it doesn’t last very long. It’s almost like having a caffeine high where you soon know the “crash and burn” feeling is inevitable.
So, what would you say if I said I could give you some simple self improvement ideas to get you unstuck? Would you be interested? Of course you would. Heck I would too.
Most of the ideas I’m going to share with you here are so simple that you can start today.
Self Improvement Ideas for When You’re Truly Stuck
1. Dedicate 15 minutes per day to reading a book in your profession that is going to increase your value.
2. Set aside 30 minutes for some physical activity to clear your mind. And, yes walking counts as physical activity.
3. Learn something new each day that challenges you – it can even be a brain teaser game.
4. When you find yourself in a negative state, immediately think of something you’re grateful for and stay there in that state until the negative vibes wear off. (I wrote a blog post about this some time ago that I know you’ll appreciate > Staying positive…)
5. Create a list of your 5 top things you’d like to complete today. Prioritize it with 1 being the most important to 5 being the least important of the bunch.
6. Before you go to bed, think of all the things you’re grateful for.
7. Grab a journal and pen, and start writing down your thoughts and ideas. Some people use their smart phones for this but there’s something about writing it down on paper that makes it feel authentic.
8. Create a plan for your objective in life / relationships / career or profession and spend a few minutes each day updating and thinking about what you can do to bring about this desire.
9. Do one uncomfortable thing each day. For example, paying someone you don’t know a compliment.
10. Once a month, find a worthy cause that you’d like to contribute to and start donating.
11. Perform a deep house cleaning session. Get rid of things that no longer serve you. Getting rid of old things opens the doors for new and exciting things to enter into your life.
Now, here is my final recommendation. Even though I shared all of these wonderful ideas for self improvement what I don’t want you to do is to get overwhelmed. So, if you can take one from the list and implement it now you’ll be better off had you done nothing. Then after you’ve implemented one of them, go on to another one on the list.
Trust me, this is exactly what I didn’t do in the beginning and I found myself overwhelmed. It wasn’t until I did one at a time that things started to happen for me and it can happen for you too.
Do you have any self improvement ideas that help you get unstuck? We would love to hear all about them, just comment below.
Photo courtesy of http://blog.self-improvement-saga.com